Saturday, January 5, 2008

My Lost Shadow


Never realized how important you were to me,
I guess, I just didn’t see how much you meant to me,
I was blind then, but today I can see-
I opened my eyes only to find that you’re no longer with me…

“My shadow,” I call, “where have you gone,”
“My shadow,” I ask, “why did you leave?”
Today I feel so lost without you…
It’s pointless, I know; why should anyone believe…

Never had I thought before when you were by my side,
I trampled on you several times, never did I care-
Took you for granted, you were a habit, my shadow-
I never paid any heed, and I know it was unfair…

And now that you’re no longer there
I find myself helpless, I am in need-
There is a vacuum in my life, never to be filled
And I truly miss you, I do, indeed…

I was just so used to having you around-
Through the long and short, thick and thin of life
You were my silent observer, my compass
My traveling guide through every strife…

Hoping, praying, hunting desperately-
Rushing in and out of doors, I look for you,
In every nook and corner of the world I search-
I miss you so much, and I know this time, it’s true…

You’re nowhere to be seen, nowhere to be found,
I guess I deserve it, it serves me right-
I am lost without you, and my shadow doesn’t care,
But I have lost the fight…

I lie in my room, alone and desolate
Staring at the ceiling, looking at the wall-
And it is then that the realization dawns on me:
You were always there- it was a dark day, that’s all…

No comments: